2.18.2010

Isn't real-life wedding planning time-consuming enough?!

So, my quasi-New Year's resolution was to start blogging on a much more regular basis. And, to start a blog with the fiance about wedding planning, from the perspective of Juni, my (ok, our) dog. This might *sound* kind of adorable, but really, it would probably get old in about 2 days. ...... i'm doing it.

Anyway, back to this new year's resolution. Obviously, I've failed miserably already. It's mid-February, I'm taking one class in school, and working on the side. I surely have time to blog! So, here's my come-back blog #1. Welcome!

As I've been dabbling in some wedding planning, I've stumbled upon these crazily addictive websites like weddingbee and projectwedding. They're amazing. and, they will consume your life. this is no.joke. For instance, I posted a thread on weddingbee the other day because I was contemplating shoes for the wedding day. Did I want a kitten heel, a platform, stilettos? Big side bow, flower applique, knot detail? All very important questions, and tons and tons of options to choose from. And most importantly, are these shoes dyeable, since I'm planning on using shoes as my 'something blue' (and teal is one of our colors!). So, with all these thoughts tumbling through my mind as I stared at my work computer, I turned to my 'bees' and threw the question out to them for some feedback. Which shoes? Within a day, I have a handful of responses from complete strangers, giving me advice on which shoe would best match my dress, and would look great dyed blue. AMAZING. it's like MAGIC. and this is PERFECT for a very indecisive girl like me. How had I not found this earlier? Was there never a weddingbee equivalent of, where should I go to grad school? What should I do during the summer? Should I eat leftovers even though they've been sitting in my fridge for 4 days? All these (very important, life-altering) questions I had in the past... where were my bees then? Or had technology not progressed to huge hubs of people from all over existing in cyber-world at that point?

The one slight issue about these sites is that you kind of feel obligated to hang out in cyber-world, on the website, constantly updating posts, replying the threads... i don't even know the difference between a post and a thread. how am i supposed to know if i'm being a good cyber-friend to my bees? It's actually a little stressful. Because, on top of your real-life wedding planning and talking to friends who are getting married, having babies, adopting animals, saving the world, sniffing their dogs' paws.... there's this whole ... internet-beehive out there who you *also* have to attend to, discuss things with, and ask advice of. i mean, isn't real-life wedding planning time-consuming enough? am i just a bitchbee?
.....
by the way, i swear i do work at work, too. not just stress out over being a bitchbee and stalk my dog on doggie-cam while she's at doggie daycare.
.... aaand, i'm going to get fired tomorrow.

No comments: